- Thriving locally managed, global brokerage
- Genuine career opportunities
- Progressive, innovative leadership
"Life can be complex and unpredictable. Insurance doesn't have to be."
This philosophy has built Markey a reputation for providing trusted, effective solutions to their clients' insurance, risk management and financial services needs. They are now one of the largest locally owned and managed insurance brokerages in Australia, with more than 5,000 clients here and abroad.
Due to continued growth, they are seeking an Internal Broker to work out of their busy Newcastle office, in their Sanderson team, who service commercial and industrial client primarily in Engineering and Construction. This role is responsible for assisting the Account Broker in servicing a portfolio of clients and offers the opportunity to work alongside highly successful individuals from whom you can learn and gain invaluable experience.
You may already have broking experience or may currently work in Accounting/Banking but looking for a new opportunity in the insurance industry.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in the claims process to ensure client satisfaction
- Assist in managing the renewal process including liaison with underwriters
- Administration of invoicing, claims management and compliance
- Field new business enquiries and prepare and present proposals to prospects
To succeed in this role, you will have a genuine commitment to continuous learning and professional development, along with demonstrating the following:
- ASIC Tier I Accreditation / Diploma in Financial Services (Insurance Broking) or willingness to work towards qualification
- Proven experience in a role which requires delivering to deadlines with client service standards
- Articulate and professional verbal and written communication style
- Strong data entry and administration skills
- An inquisitive and thorough nature to ensure the highest attention to detail with regard to process
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, including Excel
This is a great opportunity to build your career in a supportive team environment which is "advice driven" rather than "sales driven". You will receive on-the-job and structured training, mentorship and study support so that you can genuinely grow your career and earning potential. Interested? Click APPLY now or for more information contact Amy King on 4929 1666.