- Exciting organisation - The Wests Group
- Position offered for the first time
- Two days per week
The Wests Group Australia operates a multi-site portfolio of entertainment and hospitality venues across the Newcastle, Hunter Valley and Port Stephens regions. Their portfolio comprises of registered clubs, entertainment, accommodation, conference, fitness facilities and the Newcastle Knights. The Wests Group is recognised as a success story of the Region through their dynamic and innovative approach.
The role & required experience
This is the first time the position of Legal Counsel has been offered within the organisation. It is an attractive opportunity for someone with the drive, enthusiasm and legal expertise to develop the position and demonstrate to the organisation the value the role can bring. Offered at 2 days per week, the part-time hours provides a qualified Lawyer the opportunity of balancing work with other commitments whilst providing a meaningful contribution to the business.
As the sole inhouse Legal Counsel you will be responsible for:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts relating to the diverse aspects of the business' operations
- Developing standard trading terms and conditions, supplier/procurement agreements and reviewing promotional and marketing material involving legal compliance, as required
- Providing legal advice concerning property matters
- Assisting the CEO in further developing and managing the organisations' corporate governance program including providing governance advice to the Board of Directors
- Attend board meetings and taking minutes
This is an exceptional opportunity for a 3+ years' PQE Lawyer with broad commercial experience gained at either a reputable law firm or a similar in-house environment. Your strong relational skills, confidence and sharp business acumen together with a team-based approach will ensure your success in this position.
How to apply
You are welcome to call Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion for a confidential discussion regarding this position on 02 4929 1666. Alternatively, you can express your interest by clicking 'Apply'. Applications close cob Monday 25 February 2019.