- 12 month maternity leave contract
- Varied role working on HR projects
- Sport and health focus
Our client, NUsport, a not for profit responsible for the management of The Forum venues, are a leader in providing quality health, fitness, sport and recreation services to the Newcastle community. NUsport works with students, staff, sporting authorities and groups in the wider community to promote sport and healthy lifestyles. They are now looking for a hands-on, HR Manager to undertake the full range of HR functions for a maternity leave contract, as well as working on variety of interesting projects.
Located at the University of Newcastle grounds, at The Forum you will be supporting the staff at this location as well as The Forum Harbourside in Newcastle CBD. Reporting to the CEO, your role will involve a range of generalist activities including recruitment, on-boarding, maintenance of employee records and HR information systems, compliance to legislation and providing advice to 160 staff. As part of this role you will also be driving a range of pivotal projects involving training, performance and remuneration.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge of HR processes and best practice with experience using systems to extract data and reports
- Experience in rostering a casualised workforce is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a senior management team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a health, fitness or sporting environment is desirable
- Relevant qualifications and experience in Human Resources
The person we are looking for will have:
- A willingness to talk, be a great listener and want to guide and help people
- Not take themselves too seriously
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Efficient but diplomatic in their communication style, both verbal and written
- A team player and ability to provide leadership and motivation
- Have a positive can-do attitude
Sounds like the perfect job for you? Apply now.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as we are starting to interview potential candidates and are looking for an immediate start in the next 4-6 weeks.
Apply now by sending through your updated CV and a cover letter. Please contact Wendy Donovan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion and copy of the position description