HR Advisor/Business Partner
- Solo, advisory role for an experienced HR practitioner
- Join a fun, local, boutique disability provider with a team of close-knit staff
- Part-time 3 days, competitive salary
About the company
For more than 10 years, our client has been providing quality operated group accommodation in the disability sector as well as providing innovative staffing solutions for crisis-care child protection. With more than 70 staff, the team values their people and encourages a fun, high performing and results-focused environment.
About the role
In this newly created position, our client is wanting to bring the HR function inhouse and we are looking for an experienced HR generalist with a passion for this sector, that can support, guide and influence the team in meeting HR objects and plans.
Reporting to the CEO, day to day, you will be the go-to person for everything HR - advising and coaching staff on a wide range of issues. Your main responsibilities would include (but not limited to):
- Developing and implementing all performance management systems
- Managing the overall recruitment process including onboarding
- Developing and coordinating employee training, including team leader development
- Providing advice on awards and legislation, in order to maintain compliance
- Advising and managing workers compensation incidents
- Reviewing and updating HR policies as required
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources
- At least 8 years' experience in a senior HR advisory role
- Solid understanding of performance management frameworks
- Ability to interpret and advise on current workplace legislation including relevant modern awards
- Ideally experience with SCHADS Award
- Experience in the disability sector preferred
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment, training and development
- Be assertive, proactive and able to "nip things in the bud"
About the perks
This role will be part-time initially (approximately 3 full days per week) with flexibility of hours, and the capacity to grow in time being rewarded with a competitive salary for this senior HR advisory position. You will be able to make a difference with your HR skills every day with your work.
How to apply
To learn more please contact Wendy Donovan today on 02 4927 2015 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion/position description. Applications close Wednesday 3rd June midnight. Alternatively, click "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV.