- Integral member of the Senior Leadership Team
- HVTC = one of the Hunter's success stories
- Exciting time for the organisation
Throughout their 38-year history, HVTC (Hunter Valley Training Company) have been instrumental in providing over 25,000 people with training and employment opportunities that have set them on a successful career path. HVTC continues in their dedication to providing a better future for all by linking potential with opportunity and are true believers that skills change lives! Testament to the company's success, are the many former apprentices and trainees of HVTC who have advanced their careers to now hold senior positions within their respective trades…..and this isn't just in the Hunter Valley. Besides their Rutherford Head Office location, HVTC have branches in 8 other locations across NSW.
The role & required experience
As Group Finance Manager you will report to the CEO and lead the finance team to deliver high quality accounting, transactional and reporting services and information to internal and external stakeholders.
You will be degree qualified in Accounting or Commerce and CPA or CA with 5+ years accounting and management experience. To be successful in this position you will have a love for financial data, detail and analysis as well as a strong enthusiasm for reporting. You will also be able to demonstrate experience in the following key accountabilities:
- Lead a team across all financial disciplines as well as corporate support areas of fleet management, procurement and ICT
- Manage the overall production and presentation of corporate monthly accounts, board papers and annual financial statements
- Deliver timely results and analysis to support business operations, business growth and commercial strategy
- Ensure compliance with financial management policies and both AQTF and GTO National Standards for financial management
- Liaise with external auditors, company bankers, government departments, regulators, insurers and other key stakeholders relevant to the function
- Make recommendations to the CEO, the Board and Committees of the Board with regard to corporate structure, systems and processes that will enhance efficiencies and compliance across the company.
The entire HVTC team is one of collaboration and mutual respect. The leadership team is strategic, yet operationally involved to deliver high quality output in their respective pillars. The role of Group Finance Manager would best suit a finance professional who embraces 'rolling up their sleeves', but is disciplined to also take the time to plan for the medium to long term vision of the organisation.
How to apply
To learn more about key responsibilities and company culture, please contact Ali Kimmorley on 02 4927 2006 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "Apply" to submit your covering letter and CV. Applications close cob 31st May 2019.