The Northern NSW Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service is seeking to recruit a Grants and Communications Specialist to join our Fundraising and Marketing team. This role reports to the Major Gifts and Donor Manager and is responsible for the preparation of grant documentation to grow community support, enhance brand and generate revenue growth as well as developing and implementing effective communications strategies relating to Donor Management.
The role will be responsible for:
- Creating an effective system for identifying grant opportunities.
- Developing and submitting professional grant applications.
- Managing the effective implementation of grants received to ensure the terms and conditions are met.
- Producing and distributing a range of donor communication including magazines, newsletters, recognition letters and invitations.
- Developing appeals communication campaigns including copy writing, media bookings, PR and creative development.
- Provide effective communications assistance with the Service's Gifts in Wills program.
- Effectively utilise the Service's CRM system in the development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Provide occasional support on the social media roster.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate to us:
- A flair for producing professional and engaging communications material.
- Effective planning and organisational skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Previous experience in marketing and fundraising environments including experience with grant and/or donor programs. Tertiary qualifications in a related area will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated innovation and creativity capability.
- Advanced technology skills including CRM utilisation, word processing, presentations and social media.
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external stakeholders including media outlets.
- This role is a full-time role on a 12-month fixed term contract.
- Great flexibility is on offer for the right candidate.
- The role can be located at the Broadmeadow Head Office in Newcastle or in Lismore in Northern NSW.
- The role is being offered as a full-time fixed term contract for 12 months, however we are also be keen to talk to you if you would like to discuss part time options.
- If you have specialist skills in either (but not both) Grants Writing or Communications, specifically relating to donor relations we would love to talk to you. Part time opportunities available for the right candidate.
If you would like more information, would like to discuss the flexible options available or for a full position description please contact Louise Mann firstname.lastname@example.org or 4927 2024. Alternatively click apply to submit your covering letter and CV.
Applications will close COB Monday 12th July 2021.