- Exceptional leadership opportunity based in Tamworth
- Impact the business to be the best it can be
- Be part of something special!
Located in the thriving NSW regional city of Tamworth, the role of General Manager - People & Safety for Challenge Community Services (Challenge) is offered for the first time, off the back of organisational growth and development. With over 1000 employees across 100+ locations in NSW and Queensland, Challenge provides disability services, foster care, therapeutic services and supported employment. Challenge aim to create a world where everyone belongs and everyone grows!
This opening can provide an experienced People & Safety leader living in the Tamworth region, the opportunity of continuing with career expansion within an organisation recognised locally as a home-grown success story. Equally, it is a fantastic opportunity for a leader to relocate to Tamworth. Named the "perfect country town" by Australian Traveller magazine, Tamworth is the best of both worlds - where the ease of a country lifestyle and the convenience of city facilities are yours. Learn more about the fantastic attributes of Tamworth by visiting www.destinationtamworth.com.au
As the General Manager - People and Safety, you will be responsible for Challenge's strategic design, development and leading the human resource and safety team including shared services payroll, recruitment, onboarding, education, performance management, industrial relations matters, grievances, WHS and workers insurance. You will lead a team of individuals who provide the business exceptional advice, tools and guidance when it comes to all things 'people and safety', to support the business being the best it can be. A service orientated General Manager is what Challenge are seeking!
The successful General Manager - People & Safety candidate will have significant experience in the following areas:
- Promoting a positive organisational culture by ensuring appropriate recruitment, recognition and retention initiatives align with company values;
- Leadership and development of a People & Safety team across specialisations of human resource management, WHS, payroll, recruitment, training and workers insurance;
- Developing strategic and operational plans relating to workforce planning, organisational development, retention, human resources, employee relations and WHS;
- Providing Leaders across the organisation growth in their ability to manage and develop people within their teams;
- Understanding legislation relating to the Fair Work Act and Work Health and Safety Act as well as protocols involving the Fair Work Commission;
- High-order communication skills (written, verbal, and influencing);
- Tertiary qualifications in human resources, law, psychology or related.
To register your interest please click "APPLY" and attach your resume and a covering letter addressing your experience relevant to this role and motivation for applying. Request for position description and confidential enquiries can be made to Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion on 02 4927 2006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.