- Unique, independently owned 109 bed facility
- Drive commercial outcomes
- Aged Care or clinical experience not essential
About the organisation
From the moment you walk through the doors of Mayfield Aged Care you realise this is unique to many other aged care facilities. This 109-bed, 110 staff facility provides exceptional quality, professional aged care services which meet the individual needs of the residents, in a homelike environment, within our local community.
Each and every resident is provided the highest possible quality of life, to this end, quality care is given with compassion, love, understanding and encouragement with every consideration being given for the persons' comfort, whilst encouraging them to maintain the maximum level of independence.
Established in 1982, Mayfield Aged Care is independently owned, and the residents enjoy genuine choice around accessing additional inhouse services including accommodation upgrades, catering, recreational and personal interest activities. Rooms are furnished extremely comfortably with quality fixtures and fittings, and residents and their families are encouraged to bring in personal possessions that make their private room more like home, with their own individual touch. Numerous lounge, activity and outdoor areas provides residents the opportunity to enjoy family time in comfortable surroundings. Everyone is made to feel at home at Mayfield Aged Care!
About this role
The General Manager will ensure Mayfield Aged Care maximizes opportunity for continued growth and sustainability through analyzing operational and financial performance and continuous improvement.
The position is also responsible for the facility meeting all accreditation and legislative requirements, however you do not need to have direct aged care experience as you have strong clinical support on your management team. As the driver for organisational development and business growth, the General Manager will communicate business changes and strategic direction and be responsible for:
- Overall commercial and business management of the facility;
- Reviewing and analysing financial performance of the business and introducing strategies relating to revenue growth, cost control and efficiency gain, without compromising resident care and experience;
- Management of tasks relating to all requirements for meeting State and Commonwealth regulations, including team performance, residents' clinical needs, resident lifestyle and culture, assets and facilities, environment, internal and external services;
- Monitoring clinical governance to ensure adherence to aged care standards and identify opportunity for continual business improvement;
- Leading initiatives relating to human resource management including professional and personal development, recruitment and onboarding and overseeing performance issues, workers compensation and return to work, in consultation with members of the leadership team; and
- Liaising with external providers including but not limited to financial institutions, accountants and auditors.
You may not have direct experience in the aged care sector but have led high performing teams, from the front, to ensure alignment with organisational goals and values. Overall general management capability in finance, HR, operations, quality, safety and risk is required. A particular strength should be within commercial management, seeking opportunities for revenue growth and cost reduction strategies.
Ideally your background will have been from a sector associated with a high degree of compliance and accreditation and government funding models. Tertiary qualifications in finance, business or similar is required.
The role best fits with an individual who enjoys working strategically but not behind closed doors. Your willingness to be known, and to know, team members, residents and their families is the style of leader we are seeking……as that will be the best fit for the positive culture of Mayfield Aged Care!
How to apply
Applications should include cover letter, addressing your experience relevant to the position overview, and your CV. Confidential enquiries and request for position description can be made to Ali Kimmorley on 02 4929 1666. Applications for this position close COB Friday 30th October 2020.