- Environmentally sustainable manufacturer
- Lead by example and drive business improvement initiatives
- Growth oriented senior leadership opportunity
Each year, millions of old tyres find there way into landfill at the end of their useful life. Tyrex products makes use of this waste by, recycling old tyres into new applications. Tyrex is a leader in providing innovative and sustainable solutions, Tyrex uses recycled tyres to manufacture a range of rubber ramps and safety products primarily for the home modification market supporting the elderly and physically challenged.
The role & required experience
Reporting to the Board and Owners of the business the General Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the organisation with the key objective of driving operational excellence in a productive, profitable and safe environment. You will be an experienced manager with a strong operational background and a demonstrated track record of achieving short and long-term business growth.
You will be a natural leader and relationship manager whose highly-developed communication and interpersonal skills are matched by your commercial acumen and operational understanding. While performance-focused, you will be systems-oriented and committed to long-term sustainability.
To be appointed in this position it is essential that you can also demonstrate:
- Experience developing and working to a strategic plan, developing budgets and ensuring KPIs are exceeded
- An ability to lead, motivate and develop a team who share your drive to succeed
- A creative approach to marketing and business development in order to increase awareness of the product offering to key industry groups and distributor network
- A business improvement mindset: preferably with Lean principles
- Solid financial knowledge to develop and analyse P&L statements and report on the organisation's financial performance to the Board
- A communication style which enables you to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity for a committed and progressive leader who is passionate about steering this small business to greater heights. You will need to have a hands-on management approach, energy and a demonstrable commitment to the growth and sustainability of Tyrex.
A competitive salary will be offered based on skills and experience.
Applications for this role close Monday 20th January 2020. To apply, please include a cover letter that outlines your experience relevant to the 'Role & Required experience' criteria as detailed above.