The Hills Club is a medium sized freehold bowling club located in Baulkham Hills town centre, North West Sydney, and has been established for 83 years with a reputation for strong ties to their local community.
The Club currently cater for functions of up to 120 guests, complete with two meeting/training rooms with a quality food and beverage offering. Hosting a total of 73 gaming machines, TAB and Keno facilities, The Club also promotes competitive and social lawn bowls providing three playing greens for barefoot bowls in the North West of Sydney.
With a turnover of $5.5M and a membership base of approximately 3,500 bowling and social members, an opportunity exists for the right person to lead the Club into its next stage of tremendous potential and growth. The existing operation has an exciting future of an anticipated redevelopment within the next five years. Your responsibilities would include setting the strategy for the redevelopment and driving growth whilst building and shaping your team along the journey. Key deliverables would include growing and diversifying the membership base, delivering improved financial performance and driving greater utilisation of Club assets.
Supported by a progressive Board, the role of General Manager is suited to a person with the drive and ambition to take the Club on a strategic shift. A hands-on approach to managing the current team of 35 staff is integral, as well as implementing successful outcomes that meet the vision and expectations of the Board.
We are seeking an experienced Manager who can demonstrate their ability to lead a venue, drive culture change, develop solid community relationships and drive visitation. A focus on developing the team, engaging stakeholders, creatively growing the business and exceeding targets are essential skills for this role.
To be appointed in this position it is essential that you can also demonstrate;
- Experience developing and working to a strategic plan, developing budgets and ensuring KPIs are exceeded
- Leadership from the front, ensuring customer service is a team priority
- An ability to lead and develop a team who share your drive to succeed
- A creative approach to marketing a business to increase patronage and visitor frequency
- Previous experience developing policies and procedures across all operational areas of a venue
- The ability to build community and commercial relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Solid financial knowledge to develop and analyse P&L statements and report on the Club's financial performance to the Board
- Knowledge of how to ensure the Club provides services appropriate to a broad range of members
- A communication style which enables you to influence people across all levels of the organisation and external stakeholders
Candidates from the Club industry, Hotel industry and the broader hospitality industry are encouraged to apply. Those in a management position with a large organisation who are searching for greater autonomy will see this as an opportunity to take genuine ownership.
A competitive salary will be offered based on skills and experience.
To be considered for the position apply now by forwarding your resume and cover letter or call Ali Kimmorley or Wendy Donovan on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion. Applications close Wednesday 20th November 2019.