About the company
Our client Mingara Recreation Club is the leading leisure and entertainment centre on the Central Coast. With state-of-the-art facilities and a suite of activities to suit the Central Coast community and its visitors, Mingara also provide financial support to many community programs and groups in need. The team like to think of themselves as a family, who live and breathe their purpose and vision - to make a significant contribution to the quality of community life. An employer of choice, the organisation prides itself on proactively engaging with employees to ensure a fun, efficient and collaborative workplace.
About the role
With the role likely to commence mid-August 2020 Mingara are currently seeking a Financial Accountant with 5+ years' experience to drive the accounting, tax and compliance functions for the Group for a fixed maternity leave contract. The role will involve but not be limited to:
- Manage and deliver financial services for Group;
- Banking including administration of lending
- Cash Flow monitoring and management
- Capital Expenditure and Fixed Assets accounting
- Cash transaction control & oversight
- GST/BAS returns
- Taxation (including Income, Payroll, Fringe Benefits and Poker Machine) management, reporting and compliance
- Insurance portfolio including annual review and renewal and management of any claims
- Group Reporting
- Preparation and coordination of above including monthly journals, reconciliations,
- Input into preparation and finalisation of Monthly management reports to agreed timelines.
- Maintain relevant general ledger controls within group policy guidelines.
- Coordinate and carry out agreed projects from scoping, planning and prioritising through to execution, liaison and finalisation and sign off/completion.
- Coordinate and liaise with the Auditors of the Annual Audit program.
- Liaise with external professional advisors, e.g. Tax Accountants and Advisors, Bank, Auditors, regulatory bodies, for completion of statutory returns.
The role will suit an individual who is degree qualified in Accounting or Commerce with demonstrated experience in a similar Accounting role.
How to apply
To learn more about the key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please take a look at our showcase video or contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 for a confidential discussion, or click "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV.
Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as the recruitment process will commence immediately.