Our client is an established, family-owned business with a presence in wholesale / retail to the construction and allied industries, as well as contracting services to residential and commercial construction and industrial clients. Their longevity in a competitive market is testament to their commitment to deliver the highest standards to their customers.
Due to retirement, an opportunity exists for an experienced and strategic Finance Manager to join their busy team to build on the success of the incumbent. This role encompasses financial and management accounting and is also responsible for two direct reports, so the ability to motivate and lead is essential.
Reporting to the Director, the key duties of this role include but are not limited to:
- Prepare weekly sales reports and forecasts, monthly financial statements, bank reconciliations and statistical and financial reports as required for statutory purposes
- Monitor financial performance, develop KPIs and identify avenues for improvement in collaboration with business managers
- Establish and maintain systems to identify and monitor costs to enable efficiency improvements and to ensure commercial viability
- Drive the development and compilation of annual operating/profit budgets and cash projections
- Liaison with external accountants in preparation of statutory returns, accounts and taxation returns for companies under direction of the Director
- Undertake systems audits and make recommendations to improve financial systems
- Co-ordinate stock takes and collate stock valuation data
- Review and maintain accurate cost and margins to support tendering and quoting process
- Maintenance of fixed asset records and leasing documentation
- Provide sound advice to the Director and General Manager on any issues which may become evident through regular analysis of financial information.
- Support division managers with timely and accurate financial information and identify areas for improvement.
Ideally you will be CA/CPA qualified with exposure to the preparation of financial accounts at a senior accounting level. More importantly you will have good commercial acumen, be a problem solver, and have a passion for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and implementing solutions.
You will also have:
- Experience in month-end accounting and variance analysis
- Experience completing financial statements
- Advanced computer skills, including system implementations or upgrades
- Previous experience managing team members.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly-respected and proudly locally-owned business. To register your interest, click "Apply for this Job" and upload a current CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria or contact Sally Bartley on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion.