About the organisation
The mission of Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) is to improve the health and wellbeing of the community by undertaking world-class research, from discovery to applied, in collaboration with their partners, the University of Newcastle, Hunter New England Local Health District and the Community.
HMRI was established in 1998 and, in 2012, opened the doors of their world class research facility they call home, which adjoins John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle.
As the world evolves, so too, does HMRI, and we are now at the exciting next phase of our journey towards being global leaders in the effective and efficient translation of health and medical research to develop high-value health solutions.
As part of the implementation of HMRI's current strategic plan, a recent organisational redesign has resulted in the creation of a number of new positions for which we are now recruiting. Each position will be fixed term contract until 30 September 2022 based on current funding model.
The new organisational structure will enable HMRI to continue to build on collaboration and efficiency, and to focus on activities and projects of greatest value to delivering vital life-changing health and medical research.
About this role
The Events Specialist is responsible for planning, delivering and evaluating a high-quality program of events, trade shows, seminars, launches, public relations functions and other key supporter/ donor events to promote HMRI's profile and to achieve related goals, from stakeholder engagement to fundraising.
Through active engagement and ongoing stewardship, the Events Specialist ensures long term growth and success of key high value stakeholder engagement and fundraising events and builds a vibrant and active community of supporters across a range of stakeholder groups. The role also plays a key role in driving delivery of marketing strategy and events objectives and proactively measures success of events through ROI analysis, event feedback and engagement.
This position will require a naturally organized, well planned events professional with an ability to think creatively (particularly in this world of COVID-19) and a strength in ensuring you can personally deliver on the event plan. Your stakeholder engagement, including the attraction and retention of event volunteers, will support your success in this position.
Previous experience and skills we are seeking include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Events Management, Marketing, Project Management, or a related discipline;
- Demonstrated multi-event project management experience in a similar environment;
- Proven experience in coordinating and implementing successful event campaigns and initiatives from brief to implementation, including alignment with strategic goals, achieving key milestones and within budget;
- High-level interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively build sustainable and successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders and leverage networks to secure outcomes;
- Ability to write, create briefs and project plans quickly and accurately with a high attention to detail;
- Demonstrated high-level organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise, manage time, meet deadlines and work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment;
- Ability to work co-operatively, to accomplish joint tasks, build positive working relationships, and work as an effective and high-functioning member of a team;
- Advanced computer skills including a strong aptitude to adopt and utilise cloud-based platforms for project and contact management such as Monday.com and working knowledge of a fundraising database such as Raiser's Edge.
How to apply
To access a copy of the success profile pack including position description and essential criteria, please click here.
Applications should include cover letter addressing the criteria and CV. Confidential enquiries can be made to Ali Kimmorley on 0249 291666. Applications for this position close COB Monday 28 September 2020.