- A unique temporary opportunity
- Work with one of Australia's major coal export terminals
- Influence the team to foster an environmentally savvy culture
Our client Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group (NCIG) owns and operates one of Australia's major coal export terminals, generating strong economic benefits for the Hunter Region and New South Wales. Their facilities include rail, coal storage, shiploading facilities and associated infrastructure.
Based in the Port of Newcastle, the Group currently have a unique opportunity for an experienced Environmental Advisor to join them for a 6 -month temporary assignment for an immediate start.
The role will be primarily responsible for maintenance of an already well set-up environment program to ensure adherence to all government laws, regulations and company/industry policies. The incumbent will be responsible for environmental aspects of both construction and operations, assisting the HSEC Manager in overall HSEC program as needed.
Day to day the role will include but not be limited to:
- Environmental management and monitoring including system and practical application of required environmental sampling, regular inspections, and providing technical advice and practical solutions for effective environmental management
- Manage and monitor the environmental aspects of contractors, consultants and visitors
- Communication, negotiation and liaison with government bodies, professional organisations, key stakeholders and partners
- Actively participate as an effective member of the NCIG team, including monthly reporting and continued education and development of the team
- Maintenance and continued development of a positive community image for NCIG
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, HSEC or a related discipline
- Knowledge and experience implementing environmental legislation and regulations
- Experience at a senior level in heavy engineering and/or mining operations
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with strong negotiation and people skills
- Demonstrated commitment to support the achievement of high levels of HSE performance and compliance with statutory requirements
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate and communicate at all levels
- Ability to drive commitment to environmental principles and practices
- Knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements
- Strong planning, management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating skills
- Working knowledge and practical application of health and safety would be well regarded.
Interviews will be commencing promptly and we therefore encourage early applications, as our client is looking for an immediate start. To learn more about the key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Amy King on 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion. Please click apply by clicking "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV.