Our client, Singleton Council are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion - to deliver outstanding services and outcomes for the community. They have a clear Community Vision being - Singleton. Vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
In response to identified local needs, they are establishing The Singleton Worker Pathways Program, which is designed to provide a navigation and referral style employment, skills, and career service for Singleton residents that will offer individually tailored direction.
To support this exciting initiative, they are seeking an Employment Pathways Advisor to join the team, 35 hours per week for at least 15 months on a casual on hire basis! This role is a fantastic opportunity to provide direct, hands-on navigation and direction to individuals looking to establish or maintain secure and meaningful work, as well as establish a skills and worker support network across the Singleton LGA.
General objectives will be to:
- Assist in the set up and development of the program in conjunction with the Senior Economic Development Officer
- Refer and assist clients to navigate the breadth of available training, employment, financial, wellbeing, digital and other services
- Develop and maintain a register and knowledge of what supports are currently available and how they can be accessed
- Undertake outreach and build relationships with business, service providers and other stakeholders to facilitate two-way client referrals
- Maintain a current and working knowledge of local labour market conditions
- Promote the program through various methods including social media
To be considered you will bring:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in career, employment or community services, HR, recruitment, or other case management or labour market focused role
- Demonstrated understanding of worker challenges and career options
- Relevant vocational or tertiary qualifications.
- Highly developed and demonstrated capacity for collaboration, networking and outreach.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with reporting against targets
The open-access and flexible nature of service delivery provides an opportunity for an employment or community services, HR or career practitioner, or other professional with case management experience to fully utilise their skills and experience in the service of local people! Interested? Click APPLY or for a confidential discussion call Amy King on 0437062511.