- Join a well-respected global organisation with a diverse offering
- Seeking an inquisitive collaborator with a knack for numbers
- Take the opportunity to mentor a Graduate Accountant as part of your role
Our client is a global manufacturer of mining, steel and engineering products with a local presence in Newcastle NSW. They specialise in providing iron and steel products for the mining and resources sector, as well as serving the rail and transit, energy, structural and industrial casting and defence markets all over the world. As an employer, they foster a welcoming culture that makes their team want to turn up to work every day and contribute their best, and rewards this by offering continuous improvement opportunities and lifestyle balance. They currently have an excellent opportunity for a Division Accountant to join their Mineral Processing team.
About the role
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the purpose of this hands-on role is to provide accurate and timely accounting, analysis and reporting support to the Mineral Processing management team, while ensuring integrity of information systems and compliance with accounting procedures and legislative requirements. The role has direct responsibility for the Australian ledger as well as assisting with global reporting and analysis requirements. Day to day you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Mentoring and guiding the Graduate Accountant throughout the financial reporting process and commercial accounting requirements
- Preparation and consolidation of global data from various divisions for management reports including commentary and presentation
- Developing controls and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial data
- Management of all internal and external audit requirements and ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested
- Preparation and review of general ledger account reconciliations, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts to ensure the accuracy and understandability of forecast numbers
- Attend and coordinate periodic inventory stocktakes in accordance with developed procedures
- Administration and reconciliation of fixed assets
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of budgets, mid-term plans and other forecasts
- Assist in preparation and submission of CAPEX applications, forecasts and budgets.
- Identify and implement continual improvement initiatives related to current accounting processes and reporting
- Work closely with the Commercial team and provide assistance where possible
Ideally the successful candidate will have strong commercial experience or be a Manager in a Public Practice or Business Advisory role looking for a commercial opportunity. Someone who is inquisitive, can hit the ground running, collaborate across divisions, is confident in coaching a Graduate Accountant, and focused on ongoing innovation and process improvement. Someone who is always wanting more and looking for ways to add value where possible. The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in either Accounting or Commerce
- CPA/CA designation
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Strong PC skills and an Excel expert who is capable with pivot tables, macros etc
- Demonstrated experience or exposure to an ERP system and BI tools
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
To learn more about the key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as the recruitment process will commence immediately.