In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop your career, while applying your drive, enthusiasm and expertise from day one, with support and mentoring from top-tier directors. This close-knit team believes in looking after its people, doing quality work and a positive, down-to-earth attitude and personality is a must!
What work will you be doing?
Our client encourages its lawyers to develop areas of interest and expertise, but a range of experience is also advantageous. With a focus on being a trusted advisor to local, domestic and international businesses, the role covers Corporate and Commercial law, including:
- Providing quality, practical and commercial legal advice to clients
- Sale and purchase of assets as well as mergers and acquisitions and property
- Advice on corporate structuring and drafting corporate transactional documents (e.g. shareholders agreements)
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Regulatory compliance (e.g. Corporations Act, Corporate Governance, Privacy law, Competition and Consumer law and IP/IT).
To be considered you will have the following:
- A positive attitude, drive to constantly improve your legal skills, and be a team player with initiative
- Minimum of 5 years PQE preferred however flexibility available depending on level of experience
- A strong understanding of corporate and contract law (or a willingness to learn)
- Well-developed drafting skills and attention to detail
- Clear and precise communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- An ability to provide advice that is technically sound but also commercial
The firm offers a friendly, supportive work environment, mentoring and professional development and a genuine appreciation that there's more to life than work! You will receive a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications and experience, together with the support of an experienced and committed team (part-time applications also very welcome).
To register your interest please click "APPLY" and submit a CV and covering letter addressing the criteria. You are welcome to contact Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion on
02 49272006 for a confidential discussion about the position.