Welcome to Newcastle - NSW's best kept secret! Conveniently located less than 2 hours' drive from Sydney, we enjoy a laidback lifestyle with all the comforts you'd find in a big city without the traffic and exorbitant living costs.
It's an exciting time to be a Novocastrian; we are getting ready to host our second major Supercars event, our CBD is currently undergoing an extensive upgrade including the construction of light rail, the city boasts a rich cultural calendar and we scored this year's title for 'best city beach in Australia'.
Have you packed your bags yet?!
If the location isn't enough to convince you to make the move, wait until you read about the many benefits of working for our client.
Why choose PKF Newcastle?
You will have access to assignments and high-quality clients that you won't get in other companies.
You will be mentored to be the best you can be.
And you will work in an environment that genuinely supports work/life balance through initiatives such as a 'non-urgent' internal email curfew.
When you choose a career with PKF you are supported by their 'The 4P Program':
Employees receive on-the-job and structured training, mentorship, study support and paid time off for professional development. You are equipped with the tools you need to succeed in your career.
PKF offers lucrative additional earning potential through incentive programs, salary packaging and referral fees.
This is where PKF really stands out from the crowd. From flexible work arrangements, community and charity involvement, team building and social events, health and wellness initiatives, milestone gifts, achievement awards and work/life balance, they have covered all bases when it comes to creating a positive and cohesive culture where team satisfaction is at the fore.
Work smarter, not harder! PKF invests significantly in employing the most innovative technology to streamline workflow and to keep their teams connected.
Check out their Facebook page @PKFSydNewc for lots of videos on values, team culture and PKF's involvement with the local community.
The Newcastle Business Advisory team is seeking a Corporate Finance Analyst to join their full-service Corporate Finance team. Reporting directly to Partners you will work closely with a variety of team members across a range of Corporate Finance services.
Your primary functions and responsibilities will include:
- Providing a broad range of Corporate Finance services to many clients across an array of industries
- Undertaking in-depth analysis of company information and financial statements that form the backbone of the due diligence process
- Valuations of businesses and managing research and analysis to support the assumptions arrived at during valuations
- Managing the preparation of research on companies, competitors, the economy, industries and other business conditions
- Engaging with clients - primarily as a support and information source
You'll need the following to succeed:
- Experience working in a multi-skilled team, you will have been involved in various projects across the array of services provided by PKF
- Strength in analysis and investigation, including due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, business sales advice, investigating financial reports and providing strategic advice based on this analysis
- Business valuation experience that includes reviewing financial performance, opportunity and assets
- Financial modelling for various scenarios
- Previous experience providing recommendations and reports on research and analysis findings and funding and capital raising options to senior management and Directors
- A Degree in one or more fields including, Commerce, Accounting, Business or Finance
- CA/CPA qualifications will be highly regarded but not essential
The role is highly autonomous, you will be charged with building detailed strategy and advice from the ground up through working with a broad range of teams across the firm. Working within a mid-tier firm, you will see the outcomes of your work from inception to conclusion.
To be considered for this position, apply now including your resume and cover letter or call Chris Anderson on 02 4927 2009 for a confidential discussion.
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful candidate.