- Great mix of fundraising, promotions and events
- Make a difference every day
- Based in New England, North West
Ronald McDonald House assists families of children with serious illness or injury by providing accommodation and support services. Each year around 430 families from the New England, North West region are given a 'home away from home' at the Ronald McDonald Houses in Tamworth and Newcastle so they can be near their child in hospital. And around 30 local families are given precious time together to relax and reconnect at the Ronald McDonald Family Retreat in Forster. The highly-respected and trusted charity is dedicated to making every day a bit brighter for those in need and relies on the generosity of the local community to operate.
As Community Engagement Coordinator for New England, North West you will be a proactive self-starter with boundless initiative and 'get up and go' who can drive opportunities throughout the NENW region as well as collaborate with the organisation's broader team.
In this role you will manage the local fundraising program and develop and foster strong and financially rewarding partnerships with individuals, corporate and community partners which result in the achievement of fundraising budgets and long-term relationships.
Reporting to the Marketing & Fundraising Manager, key position accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Manage key stakeholders and partnerships associated with community and corporate fundraising activities
- Contribute to and deliver on the NENW Chapter's annual Fundraising Strategy
- Research and develop new business relationships and fundraising opportunities
- Manage local marketing and promotion, including media relations
- Event management and representing RMH at fundraising activities
- Database administration
- Risk mitigation e.g. associated with volunteer activities.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience in sales, new business development and/or fundraising essential
- Strong relationship development skills evidenced by your existing associations
- Demonstrated resilience in a similar role
- Successfully worked in a role that required you to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of time management skills and ability to meet demanding and competing priorities
- Current Driver Licence
- Current NSW Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check (or a willingness to obtain them)
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Business Management or a related discipline will be highly regarded
- Experience in the Not-for-Profit sector desirable
- A commitment to the organisation's values and workplace practices.
The nature of this role will require out of hours work and some inter/intra state travel.
To apply for this rewarding position please click 'Apply' and forward a current CV and covering letter addressing the above-mentioned criteria, applications close COB Monday the 21st of January 2019.