Our Newcastle-based client is seeking an energetic and ambitious mid-to-senior Commercial & Estate Planning Lawyer to join its growing firm. You will bring a positive, will-do attitude and superior commercial and drafting skills matched by confidence dealing directly with clients. In return you will be supported by dynamic Directors and support team, have the opportunity to build a practice and enjoy considerable benefits such as an Educational Assistance Program, CPD, car parking and a strong social culture.
This highly-regarded firm practices across commercial, property, estate planning, employment law, litigation and debt recovery, wills and probate. The directors have built a solid and varied client base through their strong community focus and fresh approach to providing timely and straight-forward legal advice.
You will be a key member of the team, applying your drive, enthusiasm and expertise from day one, and you will build and maintain a portfolio of clients through active business development and networking. The firm has built an excellent reputation and has an exceptional client base and referral network.
The role will combine commercial and estate planning law and provide advice and legal expertise in the following areas:
- The sale and purchase of assets as well as mergers and acquisitions
- Supply agreements
- Structuring and restructuring of corporate entities
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements including shareholders, business succession, unit holders and joint venture agreements
- Estate Planning for individuals, family groups, complex estate and trust administration.
To be considered you will have the following:
- Minimum of 4 years post admission experience
- A strong understanding of commercial and estate planning legislation
- Be a lateral thinker
- Well-developed drafting skills
- Clear and precise communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
The firm offers a friendly, supportive work environment, mentoring and professional development and a genuine appreciation that there's more to life than work!
To register your interest please click "APPLY" and submit a current version of your CV and a covering letter addressing the criteria. Confidential discussions regarding this position can be directed to Sally Bartley or Louise Thomas of peoplefusion on 02 4929 1666.