An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced project manager with engineering qualifications and aerospace/aviation experience to join a start-up company on the front-line of making space travel affordable and accessible!
About Neumann Space
With 27 application patents in place, Neumann Space is uniquely placed to develop and deliver affordable, efficient drives (thrusters) that can greatly prolong the lifespan of satellites, as well as lower the fuel and mass costs for long-term space exploration missions. Longer term, the focus is the production of these thrusters but in the short term the aim is to produce enough thrusters to launch a satellite in 2019.
Currently, the Project Team is at Technology Readiness Level 3-4 aiming to be at TRL 7 with a system prototype demonstration in place, in an operational environment, by the end of 2018.
Neumann Space is based in Adelaide.
About the role
The newly-created role of Chief Project Manager is responsible for project managing and executing the Neumann Drive Project, a patented Solar-Electric Ion Drive (Thruster) from concept, design, prototype to final production and success in a fit-for-purpose mission to space.
As the CPM you will lead the Project Team to ensure accountability, transparency and progress is achieved in line with the agreed TRLs, and in doing so contribute to building the Australian space industry and fostering a spirit of community and discovery.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, key responsibilities and duties include:
- Provide accurate and timely project, financial and commercial information to the Board, including monthly reports on progress against agreed targets
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to the Project Team ensuring high performance and efficiency
- Actively network and foster positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including the Department of Defence, industry specialists and suppliers, satellite companies and contractors
- Prepare and deliver compelling pitches to potential investors
- Manage the Project's budget
- Ensure Defence manufacturing standards are met
- Ensure all compliance and legislative requirements are adhered to.
To succeed in this role, you must have the right mix of qualifications and practical experience and the ability to inspire and motivate the existing Project Team. You will have an understanding of Defence manufacturing standards and aerospace and/or aviation experience.
You will demonstrate:
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline (e.g. Electrical, Mechanical)
- Design/project management experience (7+ years)
- Recognised formal project management qualification, as well as project management experience
- Experience in reporting to a Board of Directors
- Strong fiduciary and financial management capabilities
- High-level communication skills (written, verbal, negotiating, influencing and report-writing)
- Strategic leadership skills and the ability to cultivate a strong functional workplace culture to drive accountability and excellence
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Well-developed presentations skills and confident influencer
- Strong decision making, organisational and time management ability
- Current clean Driver Licence
- Current National Police Check (or a willingness to obtain one)
A full job description is available on request by contacting Wendy Donovan at peoplefusion on 02 4927 2009 or email@example.com. Applications must include a current CV and covering letter addressing the above-mentioned criteria and must be received no later than Sunday 21 October 2018.