Throughout their 133-year history, The Mutual Bank take a long-term view of their individual member's financial health and stability; an approach they see as key in building a sustainable future for those The Mutual Bank serves. Whilst they offer modern banking solutions, The Mutual Bank take a traditional approach to customer service and enjoy communicating directly to their members.
The Mutual Bank has a network of 7 locally based branches and the outstanding newly built head office is located at East Maitland.
The organisation has a commitment to its members to continually evolve to meet the needs of the community of Maitland, Newcastle and the Hunter Region in which it operates.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will provide solid financial leadership and financial strategy implementation across the organisation which will ensure effective fiscal management in the delivery of the organisation's strategic and operational objectives. You will also be able to demonstrate experience in the following key accountabilities:
- Lead and oversee the provision of strategic, operational, and integrated financial and decision support for the Executive Team and Board, including full accounting and reporting of all operational, capital expenditure, revenue and treasury functions;
- Make recommendations to the CEO with regard to corporate structure, systems and processes that will enhance efficiencies and compliance across the organisation;
- Provide complete, timely and accurate recording and reporting of financial information to the Executive and the Board;
- Deliver robust budget and forecasting information; and
- Oversee The Mutual Bank's financial control methodology and probity and governance strategies to identify and mitigate financial risks, maintain appropriate financial governance processes, and ensure compliance with relative financial, taxation, statutory and legislative requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as a key member of an executive team within a mid-size organisation, with complex and diverse activities;
- Financial management and reporting including budget preparation, forecasting, variance analysis, preparation of financial statements, lead indicator analysis and relevant information for management and the Board;
- Proven experience and track record in financial performance management and improvement, and ability to deliver outcomes while working in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated desire to lead others, foster high performing workplace cultures and grow talent; and
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance/Accounting and membership of an Australian Professional Accounting Association with demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
At The Mutual Bank the culture fit within the team is a very integral part of their success; a sense of community and genuine interest in making a difference is paramount. Besides senior finance management experience, personal qualities we are seeking include flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work environments, sensitivity, discretion, and diplomacy in interaction with others. It would suit a finance professional who embraces 'rolling up their sleeves' but is disciplined to also take the time to plan for the medium to long term vision of the organisation.
How to apply
To learn more about key responsibilities and company culture, please contact Ali Kimmorley or Sare Simeonov on 02 4929 1666 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "Apply" to submit your covering letter and CV. Applications close COB 30th June 2021.