The Mingara Leisure Group (MLG) is renowned for its commitment to making a significant contribution to the quality of community life. Established in the early 1970's on the Central Coast of NSW, MLG's portfolio of Clubs are located at Tumbi Umbi and The Entrance on the Central Coast, Port Macquarie, Roselands in Sydney, and Springwood at the foot of the Blue Mountains.
The Group employ over 500 people and is a culture of positivity and dedication to genuinely delighting and surprising members and guests of their top-class leisure and entertainment venues. Internally, the organisation prides itself on proactively engaging with employees to ensure a fun, efficient and collaborative workplace. It is an organisation that truly lives by its values of Team, Safe, Reliable, Progressive and Memorable!
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the role of Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will provide solid financial leadership and financial strategy implementation across the organisation which will ensure effective fiscal management in the delivery of the organisation's strategic and operational objectives. The CFO position is based from MLG's corporate office at Tumbi Umbi on the Central Coast.
This role will:
- Lead and oversee the provision of strategic, operational, and integrated financial and decision support for the Executive Team and Board, including full accounting and reporting of all operational and capital expenditure and revenue;
- Inspire and engage the finance team by being an ambassador for MLG's brand and culture;
- Lead and manage strategic professional relationships with external supplier and stakeholders for financial governance and delivery, ensuring services meet the changing requirements of MLG and deliver financial benefits and improved levels of service and quality;
- Oversee and provide strategic financial leadership on projects, programs, and initiatives to meet strategic and operational objectives of MLG, including potential new opportunities;
- Provide complete, timely and accurate recording and reporting of financial information, including to the Executive, the Board and the Group's funding providers;
- Deliver robust budget and forecasting information for the Group; and
- Oversee MLG's financial control methodology and probity and governance strategies to identify and mitigate financial risks, maintain appropriate financial governance processes, and ensure compliance with relative financial, taxation, statutory and legislative requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience as a key member of an executive team within a mid to large organisation, with complex and diverse activities;
- Financial management and reporting including budget preparation, forecasting, variance analysis, preparation of financial statements, lead indicator analysis and relevant information for management and the Board;
- Proven experience and track record in financial performance management and improvement, and ability to deliver outcomes while working in a dynamic environment;
- Sound working knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure and demonstrated experience in the selection and implementation of such;
- Demonstrated desire to lead others, foster high performing workplace cultures and grow talent; and
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance/Accounting and membership of an Australian Professional Accounting Association with demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
At Mingara the culture fit within the team is a very integral part of their success. Besides the corporate CFO experience we are seeking in the ideal candidate, personal qualities that are high priority include flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work environments, sensitivity, discretion, and diplomacy in interaction with others. A sense of community and genuine interest in making a difference is paramount to your success at Mingara!
How to apply
To learn more about key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion at email@example.com to request an information pack. Alternatively, click 'apply for this job' to submit your covering letter and CV. Applications close cob Monday 8th February 2021.