Pacific Smiles Group has grown to be one of Australia's largest branded dental networks. Key to their success has been a winning organisational culture aligned to their SMILES values of Service, Mutual Respect, Integrity, Learning, Energy and Safety. Pacific Smiles provides dentists with fully serviced and equipped facilities including support staff, materials, marketing and administrative services across 70 locations in NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD. The organisation was listed on the ASX in November 2014.
Owing to significant market growth, Pacific Smiles find themselves in the enviable position to search for a Chief Counsel and Company Secretary. Reporting both to the Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director and the Board, this truly is a rare leadership opportunity for an executive position of this nature to be based regionally. You can enjoy the many benefits that Newcastle and the Hunter Valley has to offer whilst embracing the challenge and dynamic culture of a nationally-recognised market leader.
It is paramount for this newly created role that we source an accomplished Executive with significant demonstrable experience and achievements in all the below areas:
- Ability in establishing and managing the general business-as-usual operational legal framework that includes property leases, employment relations, supplier and other commercial agreements and intellectual property matters.
- Lead and manage compliance overview including consumer law and trade practices.
- Proven performance in the role as Company Secretary and corporate governance for listed company including ASX and Corporations Act compliance, continuous disclosure responsibilities, securities trading, Board and Board committee processes and responsibilities associated with meetings of shareholders.
- Diverse corporate and commercial law matters.
- Preserving business leadership and market credibility using consistent principles of high ethics and integrity in all decision and dealings.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have obtained their Bachelor of Laws, hold a current Practicing Certificate and have exceptional comprehension and written skills that accommodate the broad responsibilities and areas this role manages.
Through your previous experience in similar senior leadership positions, you will use your in-depth experience to provide logical solutions for all stakeholders while simultaneously leading the development of operational legal frameworks that align with and bolster business strategies and compliance frameworks.
This position involves close collaboration across the organisation, particularly with the Chief Financial Officer and other Senior Executives as well as the Board of Directors.
Confidential discussions are welcome and can be directed to Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion on 02 4927 2006. Alternatively, you can register your interest by submitting your covering letter and CV by clicking "Apply for this Job". Applications close 28 August 2017.