Our client is a Hunter based, not for profit organisation recognised for being a leader in excellence in aged care and community services, allowing people to live in their own home, leading the life they choose, and doing the things they love. Established over 25 years ago, their services extend throughout Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, the Lower Hunter and Port Stephens. Our client has a reputation for low turnover, extremely happy staff, providing a very supportive, inclusive, family-friendly and consumer driven team environment with an ongoing learning focus. Due to growth we are now looking for 2 full-time roles based in Newcastle. Working as a Case Manager in this company, you will also enjoy achievable case-loads focused on quality outcome for clients, and weekly mentoring and a support team environment.
About the role
As a Case Manager you will be responsible for conducting initial assessments to identify client needs, and developing personalised care plans that fit each client's goals and aspirations. To ensure clinical standards are maintained and improved, you will implement, monitor and review care and support services ensuring compliance and fulling the requirements of the Aged Care Quality Standards, identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement.
Reporting to the Home Care Package & Services Program Manager, day-to-day this is what you will do:
- Attend consultations with prospective clients and their families to establish their in-home care needs
- Conduct assessments and coordinate services in accordance with Package Levels and guidelines
- Develop detailed formalised care plans for each client, reviewing regularly
- Provide overall case management to your client base
- Assess and coordinate provision of equipment and supplies to clients
- Ensure clients are referred to other services when required
- Regular home visits to all clients
- Accurately document all interactions held with clients
- Determine and coordinate any change in care needs for clients
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise about the requirements of home care packages program including changes in aged care legislation, aged care standards or best practice requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum Cert IV in Aged Care or equivalent ; RN or Allied Health professionals encouraged to apply
- Advanced case management skills with proven ability to develop integrated care plans to promote independence and choice
- Knowledge of and/or experienced in the aged care industry ; an understanding of Home Care Packages is desirable
- Compassion about helping others and a customer service mindset
- Strong engagement skills with an ability to build rapport
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- High level administrative/computer skills with attention to detail
- Willingness to be available for On Call support
- First Aid Certificate
- Must possess a valid drivers' license
Our client will offer you a very competitive salary, phone, and option of using a pooled car or your own car, plus access to additional administration support.
How to apply
If you are keen and interested apply straight away as we will be commencing interviews ASAP. For any enquiries please contact Wendy Donovan email@example.com or 02 4927 2015 for a full position description. As part of your application please submit a covering letter and CV.