Home Instead is part of a global franchise network providing high quality, personalised, care to help seniors live well in their own homes. Established in 2015, the Mid North Coast office is providing high quality in-home care across a footprint including Port Macquarie Forster/Tuncurry, Kempsey and Bellingen. This locally owned and operated business encourages a very supportive, inclusive and customer-focused team environment with a commitment to ongoing learning. With a growing team and more than 400 Clients, there are plans for expansion, which will result in the opportunity for you to grow as they grow!
About the roles
The Care Consultant is responsible for overall management of a client's in-home care experience, which involves assessing, coordinating and managing in-home care needs for potential and existing clients. With a growing base of clients, all with a variety of different needs - this role involves visiting prospective clients in their home environment to determine their initial needs, discussing the options of home care packages and then building a formalised care plan unique to each client. For existing clients you will also conduct review visits, ensuring client satisfaction is being met, as well as determining any change in care needs moving forward.
Reporting to the Team Leader Care Consultants, day-to-day you will manage the following responsibilities:
- Attend care consultations with prospective clients and their families to establish their in-home care needs
- Develop formalised care plans for each client that provides CAREGivers with the information to deliver high quality care services
- Formalise client agreements including the costs
- Conduct client/CAREGiver introductions
- Accurately document all interactions held with clients
- Conduct client reviews to ensure quality of services is being provided
- Determine and coordinate any change in care needs for clients
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise about the requirements of home care packages program including changes in aged care legislation, aged care standards or best practice requirements
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field or equivalent combination of education
- Compassion about helping others and a customer service mindset
- Strong engagement skills with a relationship management, hospitality or sales background
- Previous and relevant aged care or NDIS experience; an understanding of Home Care Packages is desirable
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- High level administrative/computer skills with attention to detail
- Must possess a valid drivers' license
Our client will offer you a very competitive salary, including laptop and phone as well as a take home car. You will have a base at the Port Macquarie office when required to complete client administration and paperwork. Relevant onboarding and training provided.
How to apply
If you are keen and interested in such an opportunity please contact Wendy Donovan from 13th January on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0407 525 949 for a full position description Alternatively, click "apply for this job" to submit your covering letter and CV. Close date for applications will be midnight Tuesday 26th January 2021