Our client, Singleton Council are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion - to deliver outstanding services and outcomes for the community. They have a clear Community Vision being - Singleton. Vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
True to this vision, they have recently secured funding for an exciting pilot project, designed to provide a navigation service to help small to medium business' access support services and to provide practical skills training, coaching, and mentoring focusing on local challenges and opportunities, to build economic prosperity in the Singleton LGA.
To assist in delivery of this project, they require a Business Support Project Co-ordinator to join the team, 18-20 hours per week for a 12-month period on a casual on-hire basis, ideally commencing in early July 2021!
In this role you will be responsible for the activation of programs and providing information on business support, training, and materials available. This role will also facilitate the marketing, promotion, set up and management of training and events and all communications with businesses, partners and stakeholders involved in delivering these programs. Working in collaboration with the Senior Economic Development Officer and the Singleton Business Chamber Business Development Officer, you will also be the first point of call for business related questions on training and local support for businesses.
For this exciting position we are seeking someone agile, a "go getter" that is truly excited by the challenge of making this pilot program a success! To be considered you will show a genuine passion for the outcomes of the project and the benefits it will bring to the local community!
Experience we are seeking:
- At least 5 years working in the fields of Business, Marketing, Events or Administration
- Demonstrated understanding of SME businesses
- Strong digital and online and social media skills and marketing experience
- Ability to work with suppliers and industry partners
- Highly developed and demonstrated communication, interpersonal and engagement skills
- Demonstrated success in networking and collaborating across diverse groups with an outcome focus
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects on time and to budget
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (desirable)
This is a truly exciting opportunity to make a real difference to the local business communities and Singleton Council has a supportive culture that values diversity and work life balance. Interested? Click APPLY or for a confidential discussion call Amy King on 0437062511