- Join Australia's largest Environment Markets investor
- Provide carbon farming solutions for regional landowners
- Multiple roles: make your base in Brisbane or rural Queensland
GreenCollar is a profit-for-purpose organisation, and the leading environmental markets project developer and investor across the carbon, water quality, biodiversity and plastics markets in Australia. Founded in 2011, GreenCollar works with landholders and managers throughout Australia to develop projects that create commercial opportunities by generating environmental credits, while caring for the environment. GreenCollar's management team was fundamental in helping to establish Australia's carbon market framework and has leveraged this widely recognised thought leadership in the water quality market, to create the world's first Reef Credit market.
The Reef Credit Scheme is a new environmental market that pays landholders for on-farm actions that improve water quality entering the Reef, without compromising the productivity of their land. A Reef Credit is a tradable unit that quantifies and values the work undertaken by farmers and graziers to improve water quality flowing onto the Great Barrier Reef. There is a market opportunity of over 6 Million credits by 2030. Due to continued growth and opportunities in Queensland we are looking for a uniquely experienced candidate to join the Business Development team.
Reporting to the General Manager Water, you will have dual responsibility of securing new projects and building a pipeline of Reef Credit projects across the Great Barrier Reef catchments involving frequent travel across regional areas. Your clients will include landholders, farmers, graziers, agricultural industry service providers and organisations, indigenous organisations, lawyers, accountants, National Resource Management representatives and other land management agencies. Your key responsibilities will be project development, negotiation and business origination. You will lead the Reef Credit project development process by seeking out and meeting with landholders, generating assessments, and presenting business cases, in order to secure commercial projects. Working as part of the Water team you will create, respond to leads and identifying new business opportunities.
Day to day, you will:
- Identify, plan, meet and follow up with potential clients
- Explore the viability of client projects by collating relevant farming and grazing data from landholders, that will form the basis of the business case
- Secure transaction closure and ensure consistent growth of a quality pipeline of suitable projects
- Lead deal negotiations and manage project origination from start to completion of the project development life cycle
- Work with GreenCollar Corporate Counsel and General Manager Water to provide accurate and prompt legal and technical documentation
- Work closely with GreenCollar teams to review, revise and discuss potential candidate sites, project design and project implementation
To be considered for this role you will likely have a background in primary production, agriculture or natural resource management. You will be a strong commercial influencer able to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders, with an ability to act quickly and a commercial understanding:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in agriculture, environment science, and/or commerce or economics
- Demonstrated solution-selling background with examples of transaction closure in long lead complex transactions.
- Experience in B2B agriculture is desirable, or with a similar client base with demonstrated experience growing a region
- Experience as an Extension Agronomist or Extension Officer will be highly regarded
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in a business development and/or project development role
- Demonstrated experience in successful negotiations involving contracts/projects
- Experience with an AFSL or financial products in a general capacity is highly desirable
- Experience in indigenous engagement is also highly desirable
This role will require significant travel through rural areas, where you will be working remotely, but you will be rewarded with an attractive salary, vehicle and bonus, along with the opportunity to join an amazing team at the forefront of their industry.
Please only apply if you are an Australian permanent resident or citizen.
Wanting more information contact email@example.com for an information pack
For a confidential discussion please call Sare Simeonov (02) 4927 2010 or Wendy Donovan (02) 4927 2015
Apply now and submit a current version of your CV with a covering letter addressing the criteria.
Applications close midnight Sunday 6th December 2020.