- Enjoy a rewarding role within a professional, corporate environment
- Seeking an experienced, hands-on and client-focused Bookkeeper
Our client is an award-winning mid-tier accounting and business advisory firm with a diverse client base and access to a national and global network. The team are currently seeking a client-focused Bookkeeper to join their Virtual CFO and Bookkeeping team in the Newcastle office.
The purpose of the role is to provide bookkeeping deliverables to their portfolio of clients between Newcastle and Sydney. Working closely with the Associate Director of the division, this hands-on role will see the successful applicant liaising regularly with key clients.
Day to day, your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Responding to client queries
- Data entry including uploading and processing
- Reconciliation of accounts and bank statements
- Preparation of GST Reconciliation and BAS statements
- Preparation of reconciled set of financial statements/management reports
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable management
- Transitioning clients to new cloud accounting solutions
- Training of other team members
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience as a Bookkeeper across a range of industries
- Demonstrated experience transitioning clients to cloud-based solutions
- High-level experience using cloud-based systems Xero, MYOB or Quickbooks is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT and organisational skills
- Punctual and honest with attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team
There will be an occasional requirement to travel between Sydney and Newcastle for client visits. In exchange for your strong bookkeeping skills and commercial acumen, you will be rewarded with a supportive team environment that encourages a work-life balance.
To learn more please contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking "apply for this job" - please submit your CV and covering letter highlighting your skills for this role.