- State-of-the art equipment and facilities
- Hands on technical maintenance, customer-facing role
- Newcastle & Warners Bay locations
Do you have a passion for clean cars?
Our client, established for more than 30 years, provides superior car washing facilities to the cars of the Newcastle region. Located in the thriving western end of Newcastle's CBD, our client is now looking for an Assistant Site Manager to join their energetic team to be based at their Newcastle West site, with a requirement to become a shared resource to support their associated Warners Bay facility.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, every day will be different with lots of variety, sharing the workload with the Operations Manager. You will be 2nd in charge for all operational site issues, being very hands-on to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of all plant, equipment, stock and site issues. On occasions, when the Operations Manager is off-site, you would be the go-to person, feeling comfortable working alone when required.
In this full-time role you will be:
- Assisting customers with use of self-serve car cleaning equipment
- Managing customer complaints, working through solutions in a friendly and courteous way
- Fixing any emergency breakdowns and assisting in routine and preventative maintenance and (mechanical and electronic) of all plant & equipment
- Ensuring sufficient supplies of chemicals and other consumables
- Ensuring a safe and clean site, workplace and customer space, adhering to WHS guidelines
- Maintaining cash in change machines, emptying when required
- Willing to vary working times to include occasional weekend work
The successful applicant is likely to:
- Have a demonstrated ability to fix/troubleshoot technical issues, being mechanically minded or qualified. Electronic knowledge would be advantageous.
- Be switched on to customers' needs, being friendly and have a desire to help
- Have a can-do attitude, not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Be able to juggle multiple priorities and able to be reactive
- Have basic computer skills for basic administration that maybe required
An attractive salary is on offer for the right candidates, daily onsite car parking will be provided as part of your package.
To apply for this unique role please click 'Apply' and forward a current CV and covering letter addressing the above mentioned criteria. Alternatively you can contact Wendy Donovan on 02 4927 2015 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the position further.
Applications close 17th May 2019