Assistant Accountant / Accountant - Business Services
Our client is an established boutique Accounting firm located in one of the surrounding suburbs of Newcastle. They are looking for an experienced candidate that has had exposure to public practice accounting and looking to build their skills in a small friendly team environment.
This permanent part-time opportunity offers flexibility for the right candidate and is between 25-30 hours per week initially.
You will be an integral part of the team, with an opportunity to work closely and be mentored by the Managing Director of the firm. Your key responsibilities will include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Completing year-end Financial Accounts and Income Tax Returns (for all entity types)
- FBT, BAS and IAS preparation
- Completing all other statutory compliance requirements
- Liaising with government bodies
- Helping to identify, research and resolve complex accounting & tax issues.
In order to be considered for this fantastic role you will have:
- Previous experience in an Accounting environment
- Previous experience with XERO or MYOB AccountRight (essential)
- The ability to prioritise workload, work autonomously and problem solve effectively
Our client is looking for an immediate start for this position so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please send your application including covering letter and resume through to Sare Simeonov today by clicking "Apply" now.