Our client is a large engineering business who have grown from humble beginnings to a true leader in their industry. Located in the Lower Hunter only 30 minutes from the Newcastle CBD, they have recently moved in to a brand-new facility with an up-to-date modern office. The business prides itself on exceeding client expectations and delivering the best.
With continued growth they currently have the need for an Assistant Accountant to join the Finance team. This is a great opportunity for someone with commercial or chartered experience looking for their next step in to a larger team with potential for growth and future promotion. Recent graduates with minimal commercial experience or those from public practice are encouraged to apply.
To be successful in this position you will:
- Be Degree qualified in Accounting, Commerce and/or Business or currently completing part time while you are employed
- Be experienced in the processing of bank reconciliations and preparing financial statements
- Have advanced computer skills in Excel, Word and have experience with modern finance systems
- Have strong time management and organisational skills to be able to manage your time and plan effectively in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrate communication skills which enable you to build relationships across a range of stakeholders
- Construction or project engineering experience will be highly regarded (not essential).
This is a rare opportunity that will provide you with an exciting and rewarding position and the chance to grow your career in a supportive environment.
To be considered for this role, apply now, or call on 02 4927 2009 for a confidential discussion.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.