The Northern NSW Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service is a not-for-profit organisation providing world class aeromedical, search and rescue services, free of charge to those in need 24/7. The Service has more than 40 years of proud history, and now operates from three bases in NSW (Tamworth, Belmont, Lismore) in addition to a Head Office and aircraft maintenance facility based in Broadmeadow NSW.
The Service is seeking to recruit an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer B1 to carry out maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification, assembly and/or testing on the organisation's fleet of aircraft in a safe and efficient manner and to a high standard. This role is based in Broadmeadow (Newcastle), with occasional deployments to other bases as required.
Reporting to the Senior Base Engineer, the key position accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Assist the Engineering team with major aircraft inspections and hybrid trouble shooting and recurrent technical problems.
- Carry out maintenance activities in accordance with approved Company, manufacturer and Airworthiness Authority manuals.
- Ensure that all maintenance and defect rectification is carried out to the relevant design and quality standards.
- Assist the Engineering team with sheet metal and paint repairs and overhauls.
- Ensure the aircraft, tools, equipment and hangar is kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with Company and Airworthiness requirements.
- Communicate effectively with the SBE, Engineering team and Technical Services team in the carrying out of activities.
- Maintain a positive working environment and open communication with Pilots and Crew.
- Uphold safety standards in accordance with WRHS procedures and comply with all legislation and regulations applicable to the role.
- Positively and proactively participate in Company programs e.g. training and development, team meetings, communication forums.
To be considered for this rare opportunity you will have:
- Aircraft Engineer trade qualifications
- Current NSW Driver Licence
- Solid, demonstrable AME experience in the aviation industry
- Demonstrated ability to meet the requirements of assisting with the maintenance of aircraft within an EMS environment - including the requirement to be available for weekends, after hours and on-call work on a 5-2 roster
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- AW139 experience would be highly regarded but not essential.
To register your interest please click "APPLY" or if you have a specific question contact Chris Anderson on 02 4927 2009 for a confidential discussion. Applications close COB Monday the 22nd of October 2018.
Due to operational demands calls and emails cannot be accepted at the WRHS Base.