- Opportunity to move to ‘inhouse’ legal role
- No more time-based billing or working massive hours
- Be part of a team who make a difference!
About the organisation
Located in the thriving NSW regional city of Tamworth, the role of Inhouse Legal Counsel for Challenge Community Services (Challenge) is on offer……and it’s a fabulous opportunity for an individual ready to transition to an ‘inhouse’ legal position.
With now over 1000 employees across 100+ locations in NSW and Queensland, Challenge provides disability services, foster care, therapeutic services and supported employment. Challenge aim to create a world where everyone belongs, and everyone grows!
This opportunity can provide an experienced legal professional living in the Tamworth region, an ‘inhouse’ opportunity within an organisation recognised locally as a home-grown success story. Equally, it is a fantastic opportunity for a professional to relocate to Tamworth. Named the “perfect country town” by Australian Traveller magazine, Tamworth is the best of both worlds – where the ease of a country lifestyle and the convenience of city facilities are yours. Learn more about the fantastic attributes of Tamworth by visiting www.destinationtamworth.com.au
About the opportunity
As Legal Counsel, you will provide legal advice and corporate governance support in an in-house capacity. The role is a generalist role, providing accurate, timely, commercial and pragmatic legal advice to the organisation to support and protect their interests, on a range of legal and regulatory matters across the organisation.
Aspects of the role include:
- Contract review including supplier and government contracts
- Commercial transactions including property, sales and acquisitions
- Supporting the Board in its governance and risk to ensure high level of corporate governance
In the role you will bring professional and legal expertise and lead key initiatives aligned to Challenge’s strategy, mission and values.
This role is a fabulous opportunity for a legal professional who can demonstrate the following experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in law or related field and current NSW practising certificate, preferably 4+ years’ PQE
- Demonstrated experience advising on commercial and property related legal matters, including experience with government contracts
- Confident in briefing external legal professionals to gain relevant advice in other areas of law
- Comfortable working with considerable autonomy and proactive in identifying where you can add value in the organisation
- Pragmatic approach to the management and communication of legal matters
- Superior skills in negotiating effectively with key contacts, service providers, expert advisers, and other stakeholders
- Proven problem-solving and a positive, ‘can-do’ mind-set
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly in translating legal and commercial concepts into plain English.
How to apply
To learn more about key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Ali Kimmorley today on 0421 697428 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, click "Apply" to submit your covering letter and CV. Applicants are encouraged to apply promptly as interviews will commence immediately.
At peoplefusion we don’t just accept diversity and inclusion —we celebrate it! We strive to create an environment of equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, religion or physical ability, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. If you require any assistance with your application please don’t hesitate to contact us.