- Join a growing, dynamic network across the state
- Excellent benefits and flexible work options
- Dubbo base, diverse role, additional holidays
Are you sick of seeing vulnerable people not get the right outcomes?
Then consider being an advocate and work side-by-side with people every day to support them through their journey of navigating legal and social systems to achieve fairer outcomes.
About the opportunity
Disability Advocacy NSW provides advocacy for people with a disability. Our multi-disciplinary team includes social workers, community workers, disability workers, and lawyers. We pride ourselves on being trustworthy, honest, empathic, and transparent in our work with people offering a family friendly and inclusive workplace, where diversity is celebrated.
We are now seeking experienced and passionate person to join our Dubbo office. This is an exciting time with increased funding, growth and expanding services.
- flexible working hours, with the option of working up to half the week at home
- full-time roles with 9-day fortnight or 4-day work week options
- Up to 12 additional wellbeing/annual leave days on top
- job satisfaction in making a difference to people’s lives
- full training and support if you are transitioning into advocacy for the first time
- salary packaging options
In this role you will work with people with disability to address issues of unfairness occurring across various social systems including the National Disability Insurance Scheme, Education, Health, Centrelink, Housing, Discrimination, the Disability Royal Commission and other areas that impact on their lives.
We are looking for excellent communicators with sound judgement and influencing skills, who can collaborate with colleagues and other agencies while also being able to work independently. The successful candidate will be able to identify goals, problem solve and be tenacious in their work.
- Apply a human rights approach to advocacy
- Provide individual advocacy and advice
- Identify advocacy issues, goals, and options available
- Encourage self-advocacy where possible
- Research and interpret complex information
- Participate in intake and inquiries processes
- Maintain professional, timely and accurate records
- Contribute to DANSW’s systemic advocacy work
- Experience advocating for people from disadvantaged backgrounds including people with disability
- Knowledge or understanding of legal and social systems that impact on lives of people with a disability
- Relevant qualification/s in social work, community services, legal or similar
- The ability to work independently but also enjoys working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your covering letter and CV to peoplefusion our recruitment partner. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, and we will start to conduct preliminary interviews immediately
Applications with close midnight Thursday 11th August
Preliminary interviews commencing immediately.
For a complete Success Profile Pack which includes a full position description please contact Wendy Donovan firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 4927 2015 for a confidential discussion.
At peoplefusion we don’t just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it! We strive to create an environment of equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, religion or physical ability, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. If you require any assistance with your application, please don’t hesitate to contact us.