DSI Underground (a SANDVIK owned company) is one of Australia’s largest, leading manufacturers, suppliers and exporters of specialist strata reinforcement and support products to both the underground coal and metalliferous mining sectors as well as to the Specific Tunnelling projects servicing road and rail infrastructure. DSI Underground also provides galvanising and other related services to the mining, civil, marine, commercial, and industrial industries. With the Asia-Pacific Head Office located in Newcastle, New South Wales, DSI Underground is partnering with peoplefusion Recruitment in the search for a Commercial Sales Analyst to join the team and ensure effective management of commercial matters relative to the achievement of core business goals.
About the role & you
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inquisitive Commercial Manager to build financial and contractual strength across the business with significant emphasis on customer management and engagement ensuring contractual fairness and management of price review mechanisms. Reporting to the Head of Underground Sales your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and regularly review the product cost and pricing structure and ensure regular review of routes, labour efficiency and standard costs
- Extract, formulate and analyse data with the ability to identify trends and present to key stakeholders
- Provide front line management, control and input into the commercial aspects of tender responses including contract reviews
- Oversee the management of the monthly Demand Forecasting Cycle and assess forecasting accuracy to determine opportunities for improvement
- Work with customers and Sales team to improve the profitability of inventory levels
- Continually seek out opportunities to improve business processes and implement necessary changes to procedures
- An enthusiasm to challenge the status quo, whilst using your inquisitive nature and discretion to identify commercial opportunities for improvement and development
- Ability to review and identify risks in commercial contracts and provided feedback your internal stakeholders and commercial client
- Experience in managing the oversite and consultation of contracts opposed to writing and being the legal council
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Strong financial modelling analysis and ability to interpret data relating to price and margin
- Tertiary qualification in Business or a related discipline
To learn more about the key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Sare Simeonov on 02 4927 2010 or to request a copy of the Success Profile Pack by emailing Monique Fulmer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can apply by clicking “apply for this job” to submit your covering letter and CV.
At peoplefusion we don’t just accept diversity and inclusion —we celebrate it! We strive to create an environment of equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, religion or physical ability, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. If you require any assistance with your application please don’t hesitate to contact us.