- Are you a CFO that puts people and culture first and wants to be part of an organisation that truly nurtures their people?
- Would you like to be part of a highly respected, innovative and entrepreneurial organisation?
- Are you a strategic CFO who stays connected with the business?
You will love leading the finance strategy and contributing to the overall business strategy, however what gets you out of bed is your genuine interest in being a fantastic, energetic leader; one that is respected across the entire organisation and known for bringing people together to support each other and achieve together.
In addition to corporate CFO experience and relevant qualifications including CA or CPA, the personal qualities we are seeking include flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work environments, sensitivity, discretion, and diplomacy in interaction with others. A sense of community and genuine interest in making a difference is part of your DNA!
You may be passionate about your executive career however flexibility is important to be able to also focus on time with your family and other important elements of your life. For this reason, the position may be available at less than full time capacity.
About the role
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team of four of Mingara Leisure Group (Mingara), the CFO will provide solid financial leadership and financial strategy implementation as well as contributing to the overarching business strategy. The position will be based from the founding Mingara Club at Tumbi Umbi on the Central Coast of NSW, and as a community organisation it is important that you have a desire to be an active member of the greater Central Coast, Lake Macquarie or Newcastle Community.
There is a fantastic combination of ‘business as usual’ activity, as well as expansion projects in the pipeline that will further diversify the organisation.
The position will also:
- Lead and oversee the provision of strategic, operational, and integrated financial reporting of all operational and capital expenditure and revenue;
- Manage strategic professional relationships with external supplier and stakeholders for financial governance and delivery;
- Oversee and provide strategic financial leadership on projects, programs, and initiatives;
- Provide complete, timely and accurate recording and reporting of financial information, including to the Executive, the Board and the Group’s funding providers;
- Deliver robust budget and forecasting information for the Group; and
- Oversee financial control probity and governance strategies to identify and mitigate financial risks, maintain governance processes, and ensure compliance with statutory and legislative requirements.
About the organisation
Mingara is renowned for its commitment to making a significant contribution to the quality of community life. Their portfolio of club, leisure and entertainment venues are located at Tumbi Umbi and The Entrance on the Central Coast, Port Macquarie, Roselands in Sydney, and Springwood, at the foot of the Blue Mountains.
The Group employ over 400 people and is a culture of positivity and dedication to genuinely delighting and surprising members and guests. The organisation prides itself on proactively engaging with employees to ensure a fun, efficient and collaborative workplace. It is an organisation that truly lives by its values of Team, Safe, Reliable, Progressive and Memorable!
You may have noticed the position of CFO for Mingara advertised earlier this year. The campaign didn’t result in an appointment at the time; we would love to see that happen this time!
How to apply
To learn more about key responsibilities, company culture and associated benefits of this opportunity, please contact Ali Kimmorley of peoplefusion on 0249 272006. You can download a success profile pack by clicking here. We look forward to reviewing your application, including covering letter. To submit, click ‘apply for this job’.
Interviews will commence imminently.